Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A few of my (superficial) favorite things

Someone else did this in their blog but I don't remember who.

1. Prilosec-yes one of my favorite things in this world is a drug. This drug allows me to eat and drink without extreme pain (I have horrible acid reflux). Truly this is a wonder drug.

2. Garnier Nutrisse (spelling) Katie introduced me to this. We were at walmart and she got some of their gell. They have sleek and shiny leave in conditioner. It is awesome, especially in the humidity. My hair doesn't frizz, which is saying something, my hair always frizzes.

3. Large closets, 3 of our rooms have walk in closets and the master bath has a linen closet and there is a linen closet upstairs, The game room also has a huge storage closet. It is awesome.

Obviously on my non-superficial list is the Gospel, my family, friends and all of
our blessings.

also 3 things I never thought I would like or have happen to me

1. I never thought I would marry a Dr., or someone who was going to be one. I didn't want to marry someone who would be gone all the time. A fireside by Elder Nelson helped that.

2. I never liked brown very much, I liked black. Now I love brown

3. I never thought I would like gold colored jewelry, even my wedding ring is platinum, not gold. I like it now.

this is for everyone who wanted to learn some random facts about me

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Awesome list. I wish I had a drug good enough to put on a list :) JK

Jon said...

Hey Grindstaffs sorry I have been a lame friend and not commented more often.

I really don't think that the drug could be deemed as superficial. it seems quite neccesary to me.

Unfortutnately most of my favorite superficial things are food. Things like maple syrup (the tree sap kind not corn syrup based), honey, cheese, fresh fruit, almonds etc. It is really too bad that so many of these things are so expensive. Other superficial favorites are complete wastes of time like movies, computer games or the big screen TV and PS3 that I have to wait for (otherwise I would never finish my dissertation).