Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wishing for Money?

Well, well, well. Ever think "I may have some money hidden away somewhere and someday I am going to be able to find it" . . . or "there may be a rich relative somewhere that unexpectedly passes and will then pass a few dollars onto us." In our families it is only a dream as there are so many of us, and most of us are poor LDS families with lots of relatives. So even the Bill Gates of the family will only contribute a few pennies to our coffers.

I was looking at a Deseret News and they had a thing about unclaimed property that the State of Utah has in there unclaimed property division. (sounds like a fun job to me.) Being curious I linked to the website "http://up.utah.gov/UP_Start.asp" and did a search on the unclaimed property hoping something would pop up in my favor. I did a blanket search for Grindstaff and much to my surprise (or lack there of) I was not on the list. However, 3 individuals of interest did pop up: Amy Grindstaff, Scott A Grindstaff, and Margaret P Grindstaff. So there you have it. Go and claim your prize. I only charge a 10% finders fee plus expenses.

So for the lucky ones up above enjoy your little prize and let me know what your little windfall was. I still am rather curious.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Out of curiosity, I looked. FYI, no Hiltons or Dansies that we know on the list either.

Mich said...

I'm going to have to try this and see if I'm lucky enough to be on the list. Sadly I think that if I was on a list it would be for owing money to someone else on the list and not for claiming it.