Thursday, May 22, 2008

Washington D.C.



Since Sam's graduation was in D.C. we were able to walk around some after. We went and saw the Washington Monument and the World War II memorial. From there we could also see the Castle and the Lincoln memorial from where we were. The ornate building is the Thomas Jefferson building of the Library of Congress. Mom has always wanted to see it, being a librarian and once we were inside everyone was amazed at the interior. Our kids didn't understand how you can have a library without books.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

I'm so glad you put the pictures up. I LOVE Washington DC and I'm totally sad I couldn't afford to go while you were there. I've been to some of those places. I Just love the feel of the monuments and building and memorials.

K said...

Those were some fantastic pictures, Emily!!! I cannot believe your husband also graduated with a MD and MBA on the same day. That's an incredible feat!