Saturday, May 10, 2008

My kids are great

Now my kids aren't always great but every once in awhile, when I am at my wits end they do things to remind me of why I love being a mom. We were invited to a girls night last night, (everyone elses husband and sons were at the father and son campout). Caleb got dragged there too. He was the only boy, even all of the babies were girls. Anyway, we didn't leave the house until 11:00, which meant my kids didn't go to bed until 11:30. With Sam gone it was awesome to get out and visit. The kids enjoyed playing and getting out of the house. There were no incidences either, which knowing Caleb that says a lot.
This morning we got Samanthas pictures taken, she was awesome and I wanted to buy everything, but I didn't. The kids were crazy. Then we went to Mervyns to look for a dress for Sams graduation. Caleb kept hiding in the clothes and was just wild. Then we got to the dressing room and Caleb started singing. He started with Mother I love you I love you I do. Then he asked me the rest of the words. So we sang together
Mother I love you, Mother I do
Father in Heaven has sent me to you
When I am near You, I love to hear you
Singing so softly that you love me too
Mother I love you, I love you I do.

What a moment. I about cried there in the dressing room. Caleb isn't big on singing, he usually doesn't in primary or any other time. Actually he likes to sing, just songs he makes up. So this was a huge deal.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Your kids are cute. crazy sometimes, but definitely cute.

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

Fun blog! I didn't know you had another baby. She's so cute. It'll be fun to see you during graduation. It's nice to have reminders of why we put up with all the crap we do being a mom.

Bonny said...

That is so sweet! I miss Caleb (and you all of course.) I had an experience like that in a dressing room but they were singing "I am a child of God" to screaming Darren. I love you and I hope you had a good Mother's Day. I'll call you soon.

Shari said...

Hey Sam and Emily,

Thanks for sharing your blog with us! It's really fun to see how you're doing. You're children are super cute!

I still love that picture of all four of us at the temple on our shared wedding day. Hopefully you didn't mind that we got married the same day you did. It was a good day to begin eternity, right?

Take care,
The Peterson's