Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Air Force One

I have arrived in Maryland for my two week run-up to graduation. It has been quite the roller coaster ride but I have made it. On Monday my friend that I am staying with had the opportunity to get a tour of Air Force One from one of the crew (an old friend). He made a call and low and behold I got to go.

It was an incredible experience and I highly recommend it, except that you too will have to be extremely lucky. We started the tour in the presidential sweet including the presidents private bathroom. We went to his office and I got to sit in his chair and flip through the magazines he has stocked there. We got to go all the way to the rear of the plane where the media travels. Then we got to go upstairs and see the communications room and the cockpit. (We even got a tour of the lower level where the baggage is stored. (So I did see the whole plane). I don't have any pictures (none were allowed in the hanger) but they did give us a packet with a picture of the plane, matchbooks, and a box of M&M's with the presidential seal, and president Bush's signature.

Only 10 more days till graduation!

3 comments:

crystal said...

How cool! Congratulations!!!

Bonny said...

That's cool. I'd better not tell Rick! Congratulations on your graduation. I wish I could go. We're proud of you!

Katie said...

Congrats Sam! We are so proud of you. :) I'm jealous you go to tour Air Force One - sounds fun!