Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Guess What?

I don't think that many people out there read this blog, but those of you who do are in for a treat today. You see there is a surprise found in this particular writing.

Now we have been enjoying a wonderful time , especially playing at the beach and staring at coconut trees. This has been particularly enjoyable. There is a coconut tree that is right outside of our hotel room that we can see by the balcony. There are three of them together and we have watched the little coconuts get bigger, and now they are turning yellow. Next they will turn brown (most likely when we are gone) and then they will be ready to harvest. This will probably be done by an ambitious medical student who will climb the tree, fall and then spend the rest of medical school in a full body cast. We are an adventurous bunch.

Emily and I will leave this place with happy memories of the islands of Hawaii. Even though I am ready to go I will miss this place. We have gotten a lot of souvenirs. We got a bowl made of the hardwood trees of Hawaii (though it was made in the Philippines), we got a dancing hula doll, a small drum, a ukulele, and another timeless gift.

I told you that reading this would be worth it. I hope you have enjoyed my blathering. As for the surprise, call me and see if you guessed right.

Samuel Grindstaff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cruel, but I will have Matt call you guys tonight.

Kara

Anonymous said...

How dare you inpugn my honor by supposing that I don't read your blog. I check it every couple of days at least. I even comment on it!

Pshaw, I say. Pshaw.

Maggie

Anonymous said...

I wonder what it could be?!!

Katie said...

I know! I know! :) :)