Tuesday, September 30, 2008

kids

I was reading my cousins blog about a very trying emergency room visit. It reminded me of a similar experience we had at an appointment. Caleb was supposed to have a hearing test. They checked his ears and one ear was too full of wax to see in. So they had to send him over to ear nose and throat. So Caleb wouldn't go so I had to carry him and Samantha in. So the Dr. took Samantha, while I held Caleb. The Doctor spent a long time showing Caleb all of the equipment and finally Caleb let him look in his ear. He wouldn't sit still. So after about at least a half an hour, they decided they had to papoose him. If you don't know what a papoose is, it is a board with straps around that were used for people to carry there babies. It keeps their body, arms and legs all together. Even with that they had two Dr.s that had to hold Caleb down, while the main Dr. was up by his head. Caleb kept screaming Can you please get me out? over and over. Very nice manners. Luckily it didn't hurt me as much because he wasn't talking to me. Then he changed to if you don't let me out I'm going to scream. Why, you ask, did I subject my son to this? because they then told me he had something stuck in his ear. It turns out he had a popcorn kernel stuck in his ear. The last time We remember having popcorn was when we were in Utah, in July, watching Wall-E. Apparently Caleb thought it would be fun to stick a kernel in his ear. Amazingly his ear feels much better now.

4 comments:

Bonny said...

I did not mention this fact to my daughters about the popcorn in the ear, not wanting to repeat the incident. I did to Rick though and we had a laugh at your expense. Sorry :)

Shari said...

I can't believe he put a kernel of corn in his ear! Kids do the craziest things. It gives me the shivers just thinking about it. We had a visit with the doctor a long time ago involving a small ball of foil and Kate's nasal cavity. It was great (total sarcasm)! I'm glad Caleb is doing better.

Mich said...

You just have all the fun, but please keep all the fun at your house. I'm glad that he was so polite though that is amazing under the circumstances.

JBClawson said...

Yep, my middle name is Lyman. That's crazy that it's Sam's and Caleb's. My ancestor's, Amasa Masa Lyman, came across with the pioneers.