Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

This is a time of year where we take a look at all that we have. We have a myriad of things that we are grateful for. One of the observations that I have made over the last year through my travels is that the thing that makes us happier then all others is our relationships with others. The things that we have and the food that we eat give us pleasure, but in the end all of things things will rot away. The relationships we have have the ability to grow over time. By the same token if the relationships we have are not nourished they too will slowly rot away.

At this time I would like to express my gratitude for Emily. She has stood by me through 6 years of marriage and has borne 2 children and is carrying a 3rd. When this life is over the relationship that I have with Emily, Caleb, Charlotte, and the new one will be what I take into the next life. What we do here and now will help determine how these relationships last and whether the promise of eternity with each other will be realized.

So again: I love my family, especially Emily. Let us pray that through the trials of this life that this relationship will continue to grow throughout eternity.

No comments: