Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Birthday's and Blessings




We had a wonderful mini Grindstaff Family reunion this last weekend with everybody coming into town for Samantha's blessing. We had 7 siblings plus Mom and Dad. We enjoyed each others company, though Dad had to take a couple of breaks to the store to avoid the chaos.

We also celebrated Caleb's birthday with a giant optimus prime birthday cake made with 4 cake mixes. We obviously couldn't make the robot so it became a semi-truck cake. As you can tell we have seen Ace of Cakes a few times. The kids had fun beating the pinata and we all had fun with the sword fight.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe Caleb is 6! What a fun day. The pictures look great. I'm impressed with your cake skills every year. If my kids ever ask for anything challenging I'm coming to you! Charlotte's polka dot dress is darling.

Bonny said...

I do wish we could have been there, but it was busy enough without us. Cute pictures and way cute cake! I did the blue's clues one that was way cute, but I'm not going to do it again (I say that until the next birthday...)

Scott Grindstaff said...

Great pictures, and grat job with the cake. Could you send us a file copy of the picture of the five of you so we can print it off and put it on our "Grindstaff Family" picture wall? Thanks!

crystal said...

That's an AWESOME cake, Emily! Happy Birthday, Caleb!

Bonny said...

I forgot to say that Carlyn stood by and watched to pictures. She would "aw" at Samantha, whom she is dying to meet and "yum" at the cake. Anneliese looked for about a second and ran off. :)

Bonny said...

You didn't put anything about Emily's birthday! Love you sissy.

Sandra said...

That was an awesome weekend! When are you going to let us invade again?