Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In Paradise and I want to go HOME!

Here I am on the verge of being a senior for the third time and what do I do? I take a well deserved vacation in the halls of Tripler Army Medical Center.

OK, technically this is not a vacation. I go to work every day. I write notes. I see a patient or two. I do see crazy people. I am also in Hawaii. I have been here for almost 4 weeks and it it has been fun. We have gone to the Polynesian Cultural Center, visited the Temple, walked to a waterfall, gone to the beach, spent a lot of money on souvenirs, and even tried poi. Ah!

Well, now I want to go home. Homesickness is part and parsel of life in the military. I am tired of sleeping in a hotel bed. I am sick of lean cuisine frozen entrees. Even though Emily and the kids are here I still want to be home. It wouldn't be so bad, except that I was at Fort Bragg before this. My bed is calling me, and I want to go home.

By Sam Grindstaff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you would want to go home you have a bed there don't you. I mean what is the difference. It's better than what Anita is sleeping on. I conveniently broke her bed and she is now sleeping on the floor. Also none of the bedrooms, aside from mom's and dad's, have any walls covered.(no sheetrock or panneling)You are in, as you said, "paradise" so I have absolutely no simpathy so stop complaining and get to work!

Anonymous said...

Since I ran out of room when writing my user name here is the whole thing as edited by mom.
The coolest Grindstaff ever #7 AKA Isaac the bestest brother you have in Texas who is taller, stronger, and better looking than you(this part mom added) and is very modest too. Aren't you lucky to know me. I will be famous one day maybe.
Love Isaac.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sam, please disregard any comments left by Isaac. He is suffering some kind of illness in the head. It is tragic (his illness), but we here at home are coping the best we know how.
Hawaii sounds like it is fun, but I understand being so distant from me (and your own bed) is difficult.
Hang in there...you will make it through somehow!!!